Monday, January 31, 2005

Celebrating Cognizance

Whew...had a busy week..so couldnt do justice to my blog. Hmmm...actually thought of posting on
every muscle I twitched in the past week...but kinda lost interest...But I am all pumped up to write on the Annual Day Celebration of CTS...

God...was it good or what...I really enjoyed it....So, here goes...It was 3.00 PM (Friday, 28) and I was busy lapping up last minute work. Then I said to myself that enough is enough and shut down my PC. Me, along with a few of my colleagues took the Company bus to reach the Jawaharlal Indoor Stadium (Thats where the Annual day was set to take place... (",)... guess next time around, the Admin people would have to book bigger stadium...lol ).Anyways...we went inside and took the seats right infront of the Stage. The show started. Two guys started beating up these 'poor' huge drums... I was not able to hear even the faintest of the rhtym 'coz the whole stadium was resonating with thousands and thousands of yells and shouts.. Then they started to move away as the lights turned into a reddish pink haze. The sounds of the drums faded away as a wowan, draped in a sort of Blue/White sheets of cloth (",) came onto the stage... she started narrating a story which went like "Once upon a time there was a puddle of water and it started expanding its boundaries....it wanted to move in all directions but decided to move towards the east ("India")... aaaaaaaaaaaooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaa"....well...thats what I heard...

I guess everyone wanted give their throats a complete workout...; and she kept on saying something and then a bunch of guys/gals came out in a two by two formation, separated and circled the stage...They got into formation and the dance started....well...to put in plain words...the choreography was something I had never witnessed (not that I am 50 years old and have lots of experience...but it was something different). They had combined Bharathanatyam, Kalaripayitu (Kerala's own Martial Arts), Strong Man, Silambaatam (where they use Long sticks to fight) and may be tons more....The BGM was done by none other than Vicku Vinayagam. It was simply fascinating (Me> :blink: :blink: with mouth a little bit open... lol). I came to know that the Choreographer was Anitha Rathnam, the one who thought that she would captivate all of us with a "so-called" mythical story....Ghosh...if only she could stop talking, or narrating...whatever...Then came Sunitha Sarathi (PlayBackSinger)...wow...was she gorgeous or what....everyone started howling and whistling. I tried my best to howl...and all I got was a pathetic 'hhhhhoooo'...Damn this Throat operation I had a few months ago...I was not able to raise the pitch of my voice....and for Heaven's sakes I was not
even able to yell.. I started cursing the doctors who operated on me. I mean...how could they do this to me... They have taken away the best show off (howling) I could put up, as Whistling was a big ban at my house (",).

After exactly 30 seconds, 29 milliseconds and 115 nanoseconds of Cursing, I started to feast my eyes and ears on what the organizers had presented for us. She had such a scintillating voice. My feet started tapping to the rhythym. There was also this other Girl (who sang in U20 Me18) and Karthick (Girlfriend Song in Boys). All the time I was swaying to the music.It was 9 by now.... I had to watch the time all the while 'coz I relied on the bus arranged by CTS to get myself back to my room.

By now, my stomach started making peculiar sounds... Now, It was time to satisfy my Digestive system as well... I hurried down to have a quick snack. To my astonishment, the food was being served by Taj Coromandel...Now..that certainly deserved some respect right...so, I started gobbling up everything I could.... Then had a couple of scoops of icecream (or was it 5 scoops....i am not able to remember..Hee hee). About 20 odd minutes later, after doing justice to my tummy, I went back in.This time, I went and sat very near to the stage....I started to listen and this tempo started building inside me....There was this group of people dancing around infront of the stage. Just for teh heck of it, I went and stood beside them.. The music was too good and I was not able to control. All hell broke loose and even before I could say "Tintinabulation" (not literally guys (",)) I started jumping around....well u must have seen me... I almost resembled a big lump of Homo Sapien plopping around like mad when compared to the grace of the dancers on stage...But I never cared. It just got into me. I was doing steps that even Mj could not do... (or would not do, rather ... (",) ). I danced and danced without noticing the time....It was around 10.15 when I had a look at my watch....I was tempted to stay back but the last busses were supposed to leave around 10.30....still I stayed back. Now, the singers signed off and the DJ came on to the stage. This was my cue....and I dashed out along with a friend who I met in the corridor, making a frantic search for our bus.


We just about got onto the bus when it started to leave and finally made it to our room.... I was totally exhausted from all the plopping around....Had a sound sleep and next day, I was on the ECR making my way towards my native....

- T H E E N D -

Hee hee....Sheesh...this must be the loooongest post I have written.... So, did you enjoy it... ooops....its almost time...got to catch my bus now.... (",)....See ya...


Urs,

:.: Balakishnaraja :.: