Thursday, January 20, 2005

Do U see the connection b/w Open Source and an Idly

what was that??.....'No way'...you say. Well, I would have been thinkning on the same lines had I not attended a lecture on Open Source. There are these series of weekly lectures that are being organized over here. Actually, I never even bothered to check them out as I thought it would be another one of those really boring ones that solves only one purpose....killing time..... But, word started spreading that it was quite informative. And it happened that this week someone wanted to educate us all (atleast the 'Enthu' ones showing up to the lecture) about Open Source.Now..you do know that I was all 'enthu' this time, right; so, I made up my mind and went to attend it.

The lecture commenced and the guy on the Podium started with these exact words... 'Can U see the connection between Open Source and an Idly'...and I am sure that everyone in the audience pondered if he had a screw loose somewhere. As if he had sensed all our thoughts, he gave this Naughty smile and continued....'What I am refering here is the 'Recipe' of the Idly....If the person who found out this Magic recipe did not have the heart to share it with others, then how could 'The Idly' be so popular today....so, in a way Idly's recipe is an Open Source and so there is your connection between an Idly and Open Source.....(Naughty smile)' : These were his words. And all of us giggled. With this he went on with his lecture. It was very informative nevertheless....I dont know how useful it was to others, but I got a topic to write about and get the attention of you folks for the day .... Heh heh (",)

Hey, and I certainly want to thank ~N e e l s , ~M e g h a , ~H o n e y and ~S a n g e e t h a (in no particular order.... (',) ) for your comments....I hope I can write interesting posts to make you guys come and visit my blog on a frequent basis.... Thanks a lot for the support you guys.... (^_^)

Urs,
:.: Balakishnaraja :.: