Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A Story....

Hi Folks,
This is a story that I wrote a few months back. I wanted to take a whack and see how I fair in writing a story and this is what I came up with. Beware that it has a Tragic Ending. I am sure that many of you might disagree with it...but I am equally sure that some will find it touching.
One thought though....The very first question that people ask me when they see this story is, "Is this a true Incident ?"....Never really understood why they put that question.... So, Here we go:
Depressed, that was my mood when she first came into my life as a gentle and soothing breeze. She consoled me. She made me think that there is more to life. She had this childish way doing things. She was still very innocent. Her playful and innocent talk made me re-discover my lost happiness... That 'Stress and Depression' slowly started to fade away. We became friends, very close friends. We discussed everything, absolutely everything that was under the sun...And....One day, it happened. She proposed to me. We had not met even a single time. I was taken aback. I did not want her to propose to me as a girl, but as a woman. I was able to realize that she had a crush on me, and not love. I wanted her to see my true face, without any of the 'worldly' masks...So, I 'Ironically' wore an other one. Although, I liked her, infact, loved her to the core, I pretended that I was not. I wore a couple more masks, hundreds ..maybe.....for I wanted her to realize that I could also be someone whom she would have never expected me to be.

She cried.. she cried desperately trying to make me accept her love, not knowing that I already had. I was stubborn. I wanted her to see my true face. I explained her that what she had was deep affection and not 'love'. I probably would have beaten myself to death for having said that. But I did, not once, but many times. I did not want her to get involved with someone whom she would not, if she had a chance to look at my real face, for that's how much deep my affection was. I was successful in making her think that what she had was only deep friendship for me.

Days went by. I made her cry, deliberately....yes, I made her cry........(I did not care if others called me a male Chauvinist).Each time I made her cry, I felt my energy drain....I cried even louder... my heart felt the pain. But, I wanted her to mature. I redirected her thoughts into thinking in a more mature way.I wanted to see whether she would hold on to me. I know that if people knew what I was doing to her, they would call me a Beast.But, I did not want her to marry a person whom she would rather not. Each time I made her cry, I whispered to her that she was getting closer and closer to me. I was able to see that she held on to me....no matter what I did. She matured....she blossomed into a beautiful woman, right in front of my eyes.

It is not that I wanted only her to make all the sacrifices and undergo all the pain. She was possessive, she was very possessive. So, I neglected all my friends. My contact list started reducing quite drastically. Slowly I started to realize that I have to express my thoughts to her. I knew that it would not be fair on my part if I hold myself back any longer. I did not want to make my love cry any longer. I was able to notice that she was still in love with me. I was happy.

I was waiting for my oppurtunity. But, then................one day she told me that she was in love with some other person. I shattered into a million pieces. I did not know what to do. I reiterated her that what she had for the other person was not true love, for I know that she loved me. I tried desperately to make her realize. I started to shedding my masks....thousands and thousands of them ....But..... not fast enough, I suppose......for a couple of days later, she said that she was married......................................Yes, the other guy tied the knot.................And now, I support her thoughts for She is happy now, and that's what I always wanted of her. She is happy. My cute friend is happy......
Urs,
:.: Balakishnaraja :.:
Comments:
Why did u wait so long buddy?
 
Truly mystical....
Happiness(???) for both of them was eventuality or maturity?.....
 
Happiness to her was eventuality and this guy was maturity. I can see where you are coming from.. like everything maturity has two sides....
 
Post a Comment

<< Back Home